Saturday, July 30, 2011

Weekly Link Round Up!

Adam Goodheart wrote an amazing article on Harriet Beecher Stowe called The Strange Career of Uncle Tom.
I've never read Uncle Tom's Cabin, but this article has seemly challenged me to do so.

I was doing some research on libraries this weekend and stumbled upon this Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library. I didn't know that the NYC Library system had a library for the blind and visually impaired. I think I may have send them a donation.

The Daily Beast had a few people tell them their favorite Summer reads ever. It's a very sweet list.

A blog called Bookride did a collection of dull/strange book covers this week. Experience the The Joy of Dullness and it's riveting second installment called The Joy of Dullness 2.

For those who like paperbacks you are in luck, because of e-readers Paperback Publishers Quicken Their Pace.

For those who are unfamiliar every year the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest picks the worst fiction of the year. They've chosen a winner and here are their 2011 Results.

 World Book Night is looking for Sport novel recommendations. Please send entries here, Sports novels - a blog of two halves. I don't really have a submission, but I will chose some books off the list and read them. It's one of my three unexplored generas.

Finally, Portland's public library has a new art instillation called the basement stacks.


(Image brought to you by: we <3 it)

No comments:

Post a Comment