Saturday, July 2, 2011

Link Round Up from 06/25/2011 to 07/02/2011

It's link round up time!

Three Critics Pick The Best Books For Summer. NPR has some of the better book critics around, I use them as a guidepost for my reading. I used to use the New York Times, but seeing as that I only get 20 free articles a month from them, it makes it a tad difficult to use.

Three Guys One Book has come up with a list of 50 Things a Writer Shouldn't Do. I'm going to write up my own list over the weekend.

Amazon's editors have created a list of the Best of 2011... So Far. Remember, a lot of really good fiction comes out between September and December, so it's possible that the books on this list may not make the cut at the end of the year.

The New York  Times has started a debate around whether or not school librarians are still necessary. Here's a round up of the first few arguments. I'll be watching this and commenting along the way: The End Of Librarians? and The End Of Librarians? Ctd.

The New York Times has a reading contest for students. Here are the rules: Our Second Annual Summer Reading Contest for Students.

Want to be a part of The Reading Rainbow Flash Mob? Well,  click that link.

Do you want a XXX Jane Austen? Vote in our poll. The answer to that should be FUCK NO. Not just no.

Penguin kids' classic audiobook ads. I haven't really made my mind up about those ads. They are cute and creepy at the same time.

How To Make It As An Independent Bookseller. I think the key to this is, have a friendly staff, bring in authors, and run book clubs. BookPeople in Austin does a fantastic job of that.

Librarian Nancy Pearl Picks 'Under The Radar' Reads. I'm adding a few of these to my reading list.

Hooray For YA: Teen Novels For Readers Of All Ages. This gave me the idea for a project. More on that later.

Oxford Comma Dropped by a University of Oxford Style Guide You can pry my Oxford comma from my cold, dead, serialized hands. (See what I did there?)

Art carved out of books

And finally: judgmental bookseller ostrich

(Image brought to you by: Arancia Project)






No comments:

Post a Comment