Saturday, July 9, 2011

Link Round Up From 07/03/2011 to 07/09/2011

Link round up time!

The Nation has a lovely summer reading list.

It's about time someone started criticizing the Best Seller List. Michael Dirda does a great job in Publishing's Wrong Numbers.

Amazon washes away The Book Depository. I don't know how I feel about this. Amazon, whom I love, is buying up most of the book distributors in the US and overseas. As much as I like the company a little competition never hurt anyone.

Over 3000 titles were suggested for the next World Book Night. Also, according to rumor, they are thinking of expanding it to the US. I really hope this happens. I'd be one of the first to sign up. You can read about the titles here: More than 3,000 titles suggested for WBN 2012

How E.B. White Spun 'Charlotte's Web'. Charlotte's Web was one of my favorite books growing up. I love that Michael Sims has written about the behind the scenes. Can't wait to read this.

After 50 Years, Remembering Hemingway's Farewell. Hemingway committed suicide 50 years ago last week. There wasn't a lot of press about this, but NPR did a nice story.

Storyboards from Michael Bay's The Great Gatsby. Just because you need a laugh.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the e-Book. A great take on e-books, physical books, and convenience.

George R.R. Martin’s A Dance With Dragons: Worth The Wait. As most of you know, I'm slowly making my way though this series. It's good to know the most recent book is worth it.

Because you've always wanted to know what Kim Kardashian is reading: What Our Favorite Engaged Celebs are Reading. (Love how two self help books are on that list)

A Rare Huanghuali Travelling Bookcase. It's only going to sell between $50,000 and $70,000. Perhaps I can encourage my husband to buy that for me as a 9th wedding anniversary gift. All sarcasm aside, this is positively lovely. I hope whomever buys it enjoys every moment of owning it.

A little background on the image below: Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

(Image brought to you by: Lauren Manning)

No comments:

Post a Comment