Saturday, June 25, 2011

Link Round Up from 06/18/2011 to 06/25/2011

It's link round up time! I love this part of the week.

Father-Daughter Reading Streak Lasts Nearly 9 Years. This story made me cry a bit. I love it when parents read to their children.

Pottermore is up and running. It looks like it's a fan world for the Harry Potter books. Also, I understand that Rowling is going to do e-books for the series. This pleases me.

Louisa Thomas discovered her grandfather's World War 2 memoir. It wasn't very good, but it taught her more than she could have ever expected: Sometimes Memoirs, Especially by Our Own Kin, Tell Us More Than They Intend.

NPR's audience picked the 100 Best Beach Books Ever. There is a lot of fun fiction on this list. Great light summer reading.

Boing Boing discovered mean things authors say about each other. Truman Capote's quote made me giggle.

Three Guys One Book published DH’s Ten Cardinal Rules of Book Blogging. I'll do a write up about this over July 4th weekend. Some of this I agree with, some of it I don't.

Free Books For Kids Now Also Available In Braille.

Penguin Books released an On The Road App. If anyone has an iPad and has downloaded it let me know what you think of it. If book sellers are going to do this with classics I may save up for the iPad.

Here's a Literature Map that is a fun time suck.

NPR tells the story of Bedtime Stories, From A Dad In Afghanistan. Another story that makes me a little misty.

Finally, if you miss the smell of newspaper there's a $65 (!) candle for that.

(Image brought to you by: glcc_writer)

No comments:

Post a Comment