Monday, June 20, 2011

July Reading List

I've decided that July will be the month where I read all the novels nominated for a Hugo Award. Past winners include: Ender's GameHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireAmerican GodsThe Yiddish Policemen's Union, and The City & the City. I highly recommend all of these books. In fact, the above list would make a great summer reading list.

Anyway, here are the 2011 Hugo Award Nominees:

Blackout by Connie Willis

Cryoburn by Lois M Bujold

The Dervish House by Ian Mcdonald

Feed by Mira Grant (Mira Grant is a nom de plume, when searching for other books by this author use Seanan McGuire as well.)*

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin

I'm going to start with Feed because it's been sitting on my bookshelf, taunting me, for weeks. It's taken everything in me to avoid reading it. Also, you have absolutely NO idea how excited I am that the Hugo Award nominees are almost entirely women. It makes my smile.

*Feed by Mira Grant is not to be confused with Feed by M. T. Anderson. However, pick up the Anderson novel. It's YA cyberpunk. Very quick and good read.


(Image brought to you by: managements)

No comments:

Post a Comment