Saturday, June 18, 2011

Link Round Up from 06/11/2011 to 06/18/2011

Time for one of my favorite parts of the week! If any of my dear readers have a link that they would like to see included into these round ups put it in comments.

Discovered this lovely website this week. I've got it bookmarked and will visit often: biblioklept

Judy Blume writes about being a censored author in this article: Place I Never Meant to Be. Go read it, her thoughts on the subject are amazing.

John C. Abell gives 5 Reasons Why E-Books Aren’t There Yet.

Frank Delaney is reading Ulysses one line at a time at Re: Joyce. To be very honest with everyone, this is most likely the ONLY way I'd be able to read Ulysses. I can't get though it, and I KNOW I'm not the only one.

Gone With the Wind is celebrating it's 75th anniversary  so I guess we should have 7 reasons we still give a damn about "Gone With the Wind".

Samuel L. Jackson Narrates Go the Fuck to Sleep. It's hysterical. Go listen to it. 

The website for the National Book Festival is up. I have to make it to that one day.

Library E-Book Checkouts Get a Major Boost. This is going to make my life easier. If I can download books from the library with ease it's going to be easier on my pocket book, and better for the library.

Timothy McSweeney has updated opening lines from novels. Some made me laugh so hard I snorted.

For the Harry Potter fans that read this blog this is an interesting development from J.K. Rowling: Pottermore. Could this mean that she's writing more in the Potter universe? Lets hope. That was one of the most well developed fantasy worlds since The Chronicles of Narnia.

NPR did a wonderful story on Walter Dean Myers and his relationship with his son. A Writer And His Father, And 'A Barrier Between Us'. Also, please pick up some of Myer's books. I'll post a list of his best hits at the end of this blog.

Finally, How to Drink Like Your Favorite Authors. I wouldn't recommend drinking as MUCH as a favorite author, but I would recommend F. Scott Fitzgerald's Gin Ricky. Lovely drink. Perfect for summer.

A short list of Walter Dean Myers books that should be added to the To Read List: MonsterScorpions, and Hoops.

(I have no idea who gets photo credit for this. If, one day, I find out I'll post it.)                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment