Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bone

Bone

The best fairy tales are steeped in darkness. Don't believe me? Well, remember when you were watching Snow White as a kid and this gave you nightmares? No. Well, how about this in Sleeping Beauty.  The Lord of Locusts is just as evil as the two linked  images, he's just as dark and scary, and he makes for a wonderful evil villain in the fairy tale called Bone.

This comic clocks in at an astonishing 1,332 pages, the book weighs more than a toddler, and carrying it around requires a second bag. Is it worth it? An absolute, unequivocal, 100% YES. BUY THIS COMIC. This is my second time though, and I thought I was projecting my emotions onto this story. I thought that I was romanticizing how good it was. I'm not. It's not only as good as I remember, it's better.

Not only, dear readers, is this a wonderful story, it's also a fantastic way to get the reluctant readers in our lives to participate. Giving a 12 year old who doesn't enjoy reading a 1,332 page novel and asking him or her to read it is a recipe for failure. Giving a 12 year old who doesn't like reading but, who does like Pixar and Disney movies this comic is a a great way to pique interest. Also, it would give an amazing sense of accomplishment. Please give this a chance. I'm begging.

My next comic is Castle Waiting. I'll let you know how it goes.


(Image brought to you by: Afton_Halloran

No comments:

Post a Comment