Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Book of Three

The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander

I've decided to reread this series though out 2012. My dear readers may know it as The Black Cauldron or The Chronicles of Prydain. Essentially this series of books is a way to have a child cut his or her teeth on epic fantasy. It moves swiftly, has engaging characters, and has satisfying resolutions. Also, seeing as the books have been out since the 1960s they are readily available at any used book store for around .50 a book. 

The book clocks in at around 200 pages. It can be read in an afternoon if there are little distractions. The characters are sweet, fully realized, and endearing. I'd linger on a page simply because the writing style was so much fun to read. Taran, the Assistant Pig Keeper, is so sweet that I wish the series was longer.

I'm moving onto Wildwood. So far I'm really enjoying it. I'll more than likely be done with it by the end of the week. Also, if you are in the Austin area, BookPeople is having it's customer appreciation day on January 1st. 20% off almost everything in the store. I save my gift cards all year. Second, I just recently purchased The Great Gatsby from Novel Poster. It looks fantastic on my wall. Also, there customer service is excellent. Lastly, remember that January's reading project is 1984 and 1Q84. Reading will begin on January 1st. I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday. May the new year bring new reads.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment