Sunday, December 4, 2011

2012 Reading Projects

The idea for this hit me as I was holding the book 1Q84 in my hands. I realized that I haven't read 1984 since high school. Seeing that 1Q84 exists in the same world as 1984 the two should be read one after the other. Then I looked at my to read shelf* and saw The Feast of the Goat and In the Time of the Butterflies another great pairing about Dominican Republic under the rule of Rafael Trujillo. After that The 900 Days: The Siege Of Leningrad  and Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl popped out at me. Then it struck me, this could be a reading project. 

Two books of a similar theme read one after another. They don't have to be in the same genera or written in the same time period. Here's the list I have so far: 

January: 1984 followed by 1Q84

February: The Feast of the Goat followed by In the Time of Butterflies 

March: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl followed by 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad 

If any of my dear readers has further suggestions please contact me. I may even try to get a few movie selections around these books as well. 

*Yes I have a to read shelf. Would you expect anything less? 


No comments:

Post a Comment