Saturday, October 22, 2011

Link Round Up

An infographic: Who Reads More

Where Are the Teen-Lit Protagonists Who Just Happen to Be Gay? To an extend they don't exist yet, but we are getting there. I feel like J. K. Rowling making Dumbledore gay was a first step. Normalization is another generation away. My thought is that it will happen when gay characters on TV stop being gay characters and simply turn into characters.

La Casa Azul Bookstore. If anyone can pitch in on this project it would be much appreciated. I love ideas like this, and I really want to see it happen. Besides, a crowd sourced bookstore in Harlem? Where else in the USA could this be possible.

The new film ‘Anonymous’ says the Bard was a fraud. Don’t buy it. The best thing about movies like this is that it brings renewed interest into the Bard's work. I can't wait to see some of them done.

Read More Canadian Literature!: Genre Edition. I agree. Just do it. You will thank me later.




No comments:

Post a Comment