Saturday, October 8, 2011

Link Round Up

NPR did a lovely story on What Borders Left Behind. I am assuming lots of empty spaces and newly unemployed people. However, some are saying that the big box space is being filled. I'm going to watch this closely, because we have an empty Borders location near my apartment.

Why I Read Young Adult Literature, gives some great arguments on why one would want to pick up YA Lit, and read it. Honestly, genera writing in general has out done and paced regular fiction for years. Pick up a book on this list. I am sure it will be a surprise.

The Cursed Dearth of Literary Sports Novels. This article made me laugh. I have not been exposed to too many sports novels. It is my understanding that this genera has not taken off because of the target market. Most sports minded men do not read a lot of fiction. I will go seek some sports books out, just so I can get a feel for them.

Want to swap books with strangers on the internet? Well, click on Paperback Swap. I may try this.

Lastly, some criticism of the Nobel Prize for Literature. I have a list of authors 15 deep that deserve this honor, but none ever receive it.

Oh, I have a Tumblr now. So, you know, follow it.

(Image brought to you by: noseinabook)




No comments:

Post a Comment