Sunday, October 2, 2011

Link Round Up

Internet Archive adds its three millionth scanned book. The progress of this project is astonishing.

MetaMaus by Art Spiegelman -- book trailer. Some of my readers will remember my write up of Maus from Graphic Novel Month. I've got MetaMaus on pre-order. I can not wait. 

Book Features Grim Reaper At Birthday Party, Upsets Parents. It's good to know that Maurice Sendak is still upsetting parents. Where the Wild Things Are was once thought to be to scary for children. 

Snooping in the Age of E-book. I loved this article. With the advent of e-readers it is difficult to snoop bookshelves. What? We all do this, please stop pretending that you don't. 



The Top 10 Books Lost to Time. Most of these have been removed from the literary cannon to make way for other books. In one way, it is sad to lose them, in another it was bound to happen. Literature is one of the most fluid art forms.

Are Books As Sexy Without Their Covers? Not really. The cover art of e-reader books is evolving. I am sure a new artist will come along and see this as a challenge. 

(Image brought to you by: bookriot)





No comments:

Post a Comment