Saturday, October 15, 2011

Link Round Up

More Intelligent Life did a great write up on why The Great Gatsby has never lost its allure called, The Book of Illusion. Fitzgerald’s novel is timeless. It reflects modern society so well. Please read this if you have not.

Amazon has published the Best Books of October, 2011. I am downloading some that are on this list on they will be in future write ups.

Book Riot discusses the all too important topic of You Don’t Have A Favorite Author. I agree with the article, I do not have a favorite author, but I do have favorite books.

Another great article from Book Riot, In Defence of Darkness. I have talked about this previously in regards to YA Lit, and the article sums it up well.

The Daily Dish asks How Long Can Fantasy Remain Mainstream? So, I guess I must have been knocked unconscious because I didn't really realize fantasy has become mainstream. Sure, The Game of Thrones books are now a TV show. However, I doubt most fantasy is going to reach basic cable or regular network. A show on a premium cable network is not exactly mainstream.

The Daily Beast tossed out a lovely article called, Ode to the Bookstore.

Lastly, Cracked wrote this article that is slightly hyperbolic. I am going to pen a response later on this week. 6 Reasons We're In Another 'Book-Burning' Period in History

(Image brought to you by: La Ola)

No comments:

Post a Comment