Saturday, August 20, 2011

Link round up!

It's that time of the week again. 

Here's a lovely tumblr, Teaching Literacy. I get a lot of my pictures from this site. 

I posted this earlier this week, but I'm going to add it again. Slate did a great article on what books are Overrated

Independent bookstores add a new chapter. This story gave me hope. Independent book sellers are the heart and soul of a community. I'm glad there are more opening though out the country. If possible, try to find one in your area. 

Eudora Welty's Jackson: 'The Help' In Context. The book world has been talking about this all week. I've never read The Help, nor do I plan to, but I felt like NPR treated the topic well. 

Three Guys One Book did a lovely write up On Jennifer Egan. I'm reading her book A Visit from the Goon Squad in the next few weeks. 

One of my friends bought me this Library Kit. It was so thoughtful. 

Also, if you missed it, here's a South Park clip that made me laugh so hard I cried. 

The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs
Tags: SOUTH
PARK
more...

(Image brought to you by: thereisnosecondtry)



No comments:

Post a Comment