Saturday, August 13, 2011

Link round up!

The Bell Jar at 40Sylvia Plath's novel turns 40. I'd argue that it's one of the most important books for women ever written. Please pick it up if you haven't.

We Can't Teach Students to Love Reading I felt like this article was really off base. You can teach a child to love reading, you just have to know HOW.

OverDrive CEO drops hint that Kindle library lending launches in September. Big big BIG deal in the book world. This could revolutionize libraries. Imagine a small community in the middle of nowhere. They can't get to a library, but the library can get to them.

The case for raunchy teen lit. I stand in agreement with this article. As raunchy as it is, it's also very teachable. A good outlet for young people to experience bad relationships without actually going though one.

Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library Offers Free Slaughterhouse Five Copies to Students at School that Banned the Book I like to call this, how to fight a book ban.

10 Real-Life Places That Inspired Literary Classics Loved this article.

Bookshops avoid major damage in London rioting Good news coming out of the London riots.

Publishing Gives Hints of Revival, Data Show Told you publishing wasn't dead, it's just being reinvented.

‘I Hate Reading’ Facebook Page Earns 438,700+ Likes Le sigh.

Top 100 Science-Fiction, Fantasy Books. I've read nine out of the top ten. I stand by my thoughts that Dune isn't my favorite. In fact, I can't stand it.

Waterproof book makes reading in the pool easy This should have been invented YEARS ago.

Finally, A Where the Sidewalk Ends tattoo. Tattoo

(Image brought to you by: mhel02)


No comments:

Post a Comment