Sunday, April 3, 2011

A weekend away. Books lost and found.

This weekend my husband and I decided that we needed to drive deep into the hill country and stay at a bed and breakfast. In the tiny town we discovered and antique shop that had a basement full of old books. This post is about what I found. Forgive me if the pictures are terrible, they were taken on my iPhone.

Here's the shop. It had a simple sign saying books with an arrow pointing down a flight of steps.


                                      The organization method was a tad suspect.



My first copy of the First Folio was like this. They had mounds of them. 


The script on the cover of this book made me smile. 

I also found the most depressing children's book of all time.

I love this battered copy of War and Peace. You can tell it's been read often. The binding was nearly cracked.

They also had old political pamphlets. These are from the John Birch Society. 

I found a lot of historical political essays. 

I found a lot of high school text books as well. 

I nearly bought this one. I'm a sucker for folklore. 

They had an entire section of Psychology books. 

And finally here's me at the library. It's in the center of town, as it should be. 

                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. "Can Charlie Chan and his loyal sidekick Kashimo untangle the lies and deceit that brought the black camel of death to her door?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Charlie Chan book? I didn't even realize.

    ReplyDelete