Saturday, April 30, 2011

Link round up

The last typewriter company shut its doors this week: The end of the line: Last typewriter factory left in the world closes its doors.

This story is three years old, but I still love reading it: Kerouac's On the Road manuscript travels to the Midlands.

Penguin is doing a fantastic job with it's new book covers. Here are some images of their new releases: Etsy and Books Collide: Penguin's New Hand-Sewn Covers.

Chuck Palahniuk does film vs book reviews. His most recent is of Apt Pupil. Keep in mind, this novella caused a shit storm of controversy when I was in high school and college. It's nice to read an updated review that doesn't mention Columbine.

Three Guys One Book does a brilliant take down on the data sharing from ereaders: Invasion of the Book Snatchers.

Oh, and George R. R. Martin has an announcement to make about his latest book A Dance with Dragons. (For an author who writes novels that range into the 700 to 1000 page territory I thought that was cute)

Check out the title of this book: The President Is a Sick Man: Wherein the Supposedly Virtuous Grover Cleveland Survives a Secret Surgery at Sea and Vilifies the Courageous Newspaperman Who Dared Expose the Truth

Lastly, PVP created a web-comic that made me laugh so hard I cried. It's called Bookends.



(Image brought to you by: janedandy. That link takes you to janedandy's Esty shop. You can actually buy this table. It's a custom order, and runs $1800.00. I'd drop the money on it right away if I had space for it in my apartment.) 

1 comment:

  1. If you have an Android device, I would recommend you get the Pulse news application and check out IKEA hacker.

    ReplyDelete