Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pssst... men.... you aren't supposed to read anymore. Didn't you know that?

Recently Chuck Palahniuk posted this: Dockers Wear The Pants Project on his facebook page. As a fan, I clicked though and was shocked to discover that men, according to facebook,  Dockers, and this Huffington Post article no longer read.

Bullshit.

Sure, my loving husband isn't going to pick up the most recent Jodi Picoult novel, but he will pick up two or three graphic novels at Austin Books & Comics. These books may not ping on the best sellers lists, but they are in our home, and it's printed word on a page. My 15 year old nephew* loathes John Steinbeck, but he will read the latest Star Wars book. Again, not the best thing American literature has to offer, but it provides him with an escape and a great way to spend an afternoon.

Guys? Are you going to stand up for yourselves? Tell me what you like to read. Fill my comments section with titles and recommendations. Lets have fun proving this wrong.



(Image by: in my mind, there is only eternal beauty)

* The reason I'm light on blogging this week is said 15 year old nephew is in town. We are going to go to the comic shop. You have absolutely NO idea how excited I am about this. 

2 comments:

  1. JUst to give you an idea: www.whatskesterreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kester! Added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete