Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Series of My Youth


I woke up this morning, fired up my computer, and discovered that Sweet Vally High was a trending topic on Twitter. I clicked though some links and discovered this, Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later. A smile slowly crept across my face. I loved these books. They were the stepping stone after I had out grown The Babysitters Club. This got me thinking, the Sweet Valley High books obviously aren’t great literature. However, they did keep me reading during a time where a lot of young girls abandon books. They served an important purpose in my life.


Will I download the new Sweet Vally High book to my Kindle? Well, according to the reviews it’s not very good, so I may put it off for a while. I’m sure, if I do, I’ll zip though it in a few hours. It will take me back to a summer where I flew around my neighborhood on a light blue bike, ate peach Jolly Ranchers, and hoped that the boy I had a crush on would kiss me on the 4th of July.


(I have NO idea why the first paragraph of this post is double spaced and the second is single spaced. I tried to fix it, but Blogger didn't make it easy. Sorry about that)

No comments:

Post a Comment