Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Opening lines and opening blogs

It was a pleasure to burn. - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451 (1953)

I am a failure as a blogger. Abject, total, and complete failure. I've tried to pick up this medium, but abandon it because something else comes along. I Tweet, I facebook, hell, I even MySpaced back in the day, but blogs just weren't for me.

After being begged, pleaded, yelled at, DMed about, @ed, and told sternly I've taken one of my passions here. This blog will be about my books. Yes, yes, it may also include some updates about my crazy, yet lovable, husband. It may also include updates about the total insanity of my four cats. It may also include some rare rants when I see a state try to cut out it's library system because.... well... because they are fucking idiots.

Oh, and I swear. A lot.

Get used to it.

Next update will be about Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody.

 Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice. - Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude 

No comments:

Post a Comment