Saturday, February 18, 2012

Link Round Up

5 Myths About eBooks Debunked, I realize all of these are rather obvious, but it is still worth posting.

8 Unexpected Downsides of the Switch to E-books Cracked.com gives some unexpected downsides.

Deathless prose: the vampire novel of the century, I have had some really interesting discussions about this list. Salem's Lot is my absolute favorite. It's a classic vampire tale written by King in his early days.

“Losing My Religion” Memoirs, A really good list of books by people who have left the extreme branches of religion. Most come out of the experience still believing in a higher power.

There’s Never Been a Better Time to Be a Reader, this is absolutely correct. In the history of the printed page, 2012 will be the best time to be a reader. Readers have a several dozen ways of obtaining books, reading them, and then sharing their thoughts with others.

The Wonderful and Terrible Habit of Buying Too Many Books, *cough* I... *sigh* yeah.

Is Amazon Destroying or Democratizing Literature?, We need to keep having this discussion. There is no wrong answer to this question.

I Wish I Could Quit You: The Curse of a Chronic Book Finisher, If I get 100 pages into a book and it still doesn't have my attention I give up. It is not worth my time to struggle though a book I hate. Life is too short and there are always better books waiting for me.

Tomorrow I will have write ups for Habibi and Gingerbread Girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment