Sunday, February 5, 2012

Link Round Up

Boing Boing is doing some great posts on fair use. I'm a huge fan of this article, Best practices for fair use in libraries

The best part of fairy tales is that they are constantly evolving. Folklore and stories constantly reflect the current fears. I have a big problem with people thinking they need to save them. We don't need to do that, we need to examine why the story changed. Are Fairy Tales Worth Saving For Teen Girls?

Libraries big and small, Little Free Library, Toronto

Barnes & Noble Won’t Sell Books From Amazon Publishing, this is going to get interesting.

The Bookstore’s Last Stand, it is nowhere near as bad as the title suggests, but expect to see more of this.

Rumors Resurface About Amazon Opening Physical Stores, didn't I tell you it was going to get interesting.

Ebooks vs Democracy? Again, I don't think things are this dire. Sullivan brings up good points about why he has switched almost totally to e-books.

The 20 Most Beautiful Bookstores in the World I thought I'd end on a beautiful note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment