Sunday, November 27, 2011

Link Round Up

Your Book Club’s New Best Friend is a article about the Subtext app for iPads. I like the idea of this app very much, however, I've found that interacting with authors via email and Twitter is almost easier. I've been able to have lovely conversations with authors just by telling him or her I was a fan. It opens the door.

TV Characters and Their Literary Counterparts, the Ron Swanson and Ernest Hemingway comparison made me laugh.

Where Print Is Still King. Hint, it's India. I'd also be willing to bet that China is more apt to have a print newspaper rather than an electronic version.

Kurt Vonnegut Was Not A Happy Man. 'So It Goes.' One would think being locked in a meat locker while the Bombing of Dresden in World War II took place, and then surviving it would make for some heavy memories and guilt. Now condemning him to a life of unhappiness is a bit of a stretch, I'm sure he was human just like the rest of us.

Here's some great information on the NEA's Big Read project. I'm going to see if I can get involved with this on a local level.

In Fight with Amazon, Libraries Caught in the Crossfire. Libraries are angry with Amazon and Penguin over this. Some may pull elending all together.

(Image from Kiki's Delivery Service manga) 




No comments:

Post a Comment