Sunday, November 20, 2011

Link Round Up

The Big Read (The BBC Top 100): Time for a Facelift? Top 100 lists are always tricky, especially because this one is crowd sourced. In the past, I've used them to help guide my reading choices, but they are not the end all be all.

Book Drum has assembled multimedia profiles of 150 great books via Google Earth, so you can see where some of your favorite novels take place.

The Books They Gave Me a fantastic Tumblr about books, relationships, and where those pesky gaps get filled. The books I could contribute to this, well, that's for another blog.

Madonna's Sex most sought after out-of-print book. Just an FYI.

A Collection of Rejected Titles for Classic Books, some of these are fun.

The Grapes of Roth. On narcissism and what makes a good novel.  Look, I blog, and that is one of the most narcissistic things out there. Novel writing is inherently narcissistic. If authors don't share the way that they do we'd be reading how to manuals and cookbooks. (Hell, even cookbooks are narcissistic. Try prying the secret BBQ sauce recipe out of an old southern man. Waterboarding won't make him crack.)

Author Ann Patchett Opens Own Indie Bookstore. More popular authors need to do this. We need a vibrant indie bookstore culture.

And finally, albeit slightly off topic, why I'm a benevolent dictator on Tumblr, Blogger, and YouTube. If Your Website's Full of Assholes, It's Your Own Fault.

Another note, because of the really positive feedback I got with my Kindle Fire review I'm going to do a video review of Deathless. We'll see how this goes. I may switch over to doing half video reviews and half written reviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment