Sunday, November 6, 2011

Link Round Up

Hornby calls for a nationwide network of story 'ministries'. Hornby is talking about a British project called The Ministry of Stories. Essentially it's a place where children can learn the creative writing process. From what I've read there are two arguments. One, full support of The Ministry of Stories. Two, support for the project, but the desire to have it be centralized in an area library. Either way, I find the discussions about it fascinating.

Horror Goes Highbrow. I laugh at this. Horror has always been highbrow, but the main difference is that the horror stories that scare the extraordinarily wealthy don't involve monsters. Jasper Fforde convinced me that Jane Austen didn't write love stories, she wrote horror. A highbrow family loses everything and is then saddled with five daughters that have to be married off or the parents become financially destitute? That's scary.

Here are some great instructions on How to Read a Classic. My biggest suggestion? Get the audiobook. Really. It makes it a lot easier.

Kindle: Best Books of November, 2011

Three Reasons I Hate Hardcover Books. I'm a fan of them, but I totally relate to this article. There are moments where I want to throw them up against the wall.

(Currently reading)

No comments:

Post a Comment