Saturday, September 17, 2011

Link Round Up


World Book Night has their top 100 books: The WBN 2012 Top 100

The Daily Dish asks, Why Is Children's Literature So Authoritarian?

Reach Out and Read Hands Out 1.5 Million Books in 80 Days. I love stories like this.

The Book Booth, America's Smallest Library, Opens For Business. It's a lovely tiny library. I'd expect more of these to turn up in the future. I have a feeling that libraries will be large buildings located in large cities and small boxes like this will pop up in towns. It's easier to manage and will use less state resources.

Amazon in talks to launch digital book library: report. It's like NetFlix for books. If this happens I'll one of the first to sign up.

The perils and pleasures of long-running fantasy series. A solid article by the AV Club. It brings up many of the ugly sides of long running fantasy series. As a fan of the genera I agree with almost everything written.

Goodreads Introduces Netflix-Style Book Recommendations. I tried this, and the first book that popped up was a Children's book with Elmo on the cover. I think the algorithm needs some tweaking.

IKEA’s Billy Bookcase: The Real Story. The book world was chattering all week about the redesign of the Billy Bookcase by IKEA. Apparently, it is going to become deeper to accommodate nick nacks, and not books. This makes me very sad, as I am in the market for another bookcase.

Finally, Penguin Classics did a great series on banned Classics, with Banned Book Week coming up, it's a good primer. Also, this is a hint of what is to come. I plan a celebration for Banned Book Week.





(Image brought to you by: thelittlefox. Also, this is my new tote bag!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment