Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekly Link Round Up (04/30/2011 to 05/07/2011)

The New York Times has a great article on How Writers Build the Brand. Check out how Hemingway did it. There's a follow up piece in Slate.

The Orwell Prize 2011 Shortlist was announced.

Here's a list of the 2011 Hugo Award Nominees.*

Another fantastic article on libraries and why they are so damn necessary: The secret life of libraries.

Wouldn't you just love to go read a book at The Postcard Inn?

Gweek is a new podcast via Boing Boing.  It's going to run though video games, graphic novels, and new science fiction books. I've subscribed, will you?

NPR challenges us to read more Westerns: Saddle Up For A Wild Western Ride, L'Amour Style

Vintage Classics has Five classic science fiction books with new 3-D covers. I'm buying some.

Society 6 has a wonderful t-shirt/poster based on The Hobbit called There and Back Again. I bought the poster and it will be proudly displayed in my apartment.  

Also, it's Free Comic Book Day, so go get one.


(Image brought to you by: Book Oasis

* I've decided that in July I'm going to read all of the 2011 Hugo Award Nominees. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment