Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some personal news....

A few weeks ago, I finally had a moment of clarity. My career isn't going anywhere. Sure, I make decent money, I enjoy my coworkers, and my job has been amazingly flexible with my life. It's just not me. I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing, and I'm able to go into my office and preform my work on auto-pilot. Upon reflection, I've decided to go back to school. On December 20th I take the GRE. I've decided to apply to The School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin. I want to be a librarian. This has been a private dream of mine since I've been ten. I've never been able to say it out loud until a few years ago. Now, I'm willing to work hard and make it happen. Will I go into debt? Most likely. Will I work harder than I've worked in my life? Oh yes. It's time for me to change where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Now, I'm not one for platitudes. They don't do much for me, but an old friend of mine posted this picture on her blog. It was to help her train for a 5k.

(Image brought to you by: Random Thoughts of a Mom of Three)

I kind of get it now. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! You go. Reminds me of what a man repeated to me many years ago. He said a friend of his was saying he couldn't go to Medical School because he'd be 40 in 4 years when he got out. My friend replied "how old will you be in 4 years if you DON'T go?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I turned 33 on May 9th, but the time I'd start graduate school I'll be 34. I think that's the perfect time to start a new phase in my life.

    ReplyDelete